Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a private company run by individuals affiliated with a major English acquisition group in numerous acquisitions and related refinancings in various industries.
- Represented numerous public companies in connection with acquisitions ranging from hundreds of millions of dollars to over three billion dollars, with considerable interaction with the Securities and Exchange Commission and involvement in tax and accounting issues.
- Represented healthcare companies in acquisitions and sales.
- Advises clients in connection with acquisitions and other transactions, including choice of entity, structure and governance issues.
- Advises clients with respect to various aspects of corporate, partnership, and limited liability company law.
- Advises the boards of directors of for-profit and non-profit entities in connection with governance disputes.
Commerical & Contract Law
- Represents many companies and invididuals in connection with employment, consulting and severance agreements.
- Represented a software consultant in negotiating numerous consulting agreements.
- Represented a senior IBM employee in negotiating a termination agreement.
Private Equity & Finance
- Advises clients regularly on private equity raises, including complex cash distribution arrangements.
- Represented borrowers in secured and unsecured loans, including mortgage loans and tax allocations, many of which are HUD-insured, and receivables financings.
- Represented several foreign banks in the enforcement of loan agreements in the U.S., including overseeing bankruptcy litigation and workouts.
- Represented the owner of a brewery in buying out a partner and arranging a complex loan with an equity purchase option that was very much in the money and which the lender forgot to exercise!
- Represented a private equity firm that invests in energy in both the negotiation and documentation of complex agreements with investors and in many investments considered by the firm.
- Represented a commercial tenant in a lengthy lease dispute, the first lawsuit in which was successfully settled.
- Represented a restaurant owner in a dispute with an investor that was successfully settled.
- Represented an acupuncturist in a dispute with a business partner that was successfully settled.
- Represented a foreign bank in numerous collection matters.
- Represented an individual in a dispute regarding unpaid wages and promised equity that was successfully settled.
- Represented a professional in a dispute with a former employer that was successfully settled.